This recipe was supposedly grilled, but
laziness hit us hard last weekend, so nobody dared to flame up the grill! The meat was marinated last Saturday morning, and was placed in the oven on Sunday (it was kept in the freezer)! It was extra yummier, and jucier because of the long marinating time ♥
1 kilo Pork belly
1 pack Clara ole Hickory barbeque marinade
Lemon juice / pineapple juice, unsweetened
Dash of salt and pepper
Garlic cloves, minced
2 pieces eggplant, quartered, soaked in water to avoid ‘blackening’
- Wash pork belly, rub with minced garlic, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the Clara Ole hickory barbeque marinade, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the pork belly, and leave for atleast 4 hours. Again, we left it for 24 hours!
- Pre-heat oven 100’F for 10 minutes
- In a baking pan (or the aluminum containers), bask pan with cooking oil, layer it with the marinated pork belly and eggplant.
- Pour the remaining marinate.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.