1 kilo pork belly (liempo), cubed
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large red onion, minced
2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup shrimp paste (bagoong)
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
salt and black pepper to taste
1 large eggplant, sliced diagonally
1 string of stringbeans 🙂
1/2 cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
1. Bring pork belly into boil. Pour out the water and re-wash the meat to remove ‘grimes’ ( I do this with all my pork recipe). Bring back the pork to fire.
2. Once the water reduced and the pork’s oil comes out, set it aside.
3. Saute garlic, onion amd tomatoes.
4. Pour back the pork.
5. Stir until the pork is crispy.
6. Add shrimp paste.
7. In a bowl, mix water, vinegar and sugar. Pour into the pork.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add the coconut cream.
10. Set to low fire to avoid burning of the bottom pot.
11. Continue mixing.
12. Season with a little salt and pepper.
13. Mix the vegetables.
14. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
15. Serve with steamed rice.