SINIGANG NA MAYA MAYA sa MUSTASA at KALAMANSI
– i love maya maya because the tinik are huge enough to be seen, hehe and it’s very easy to take out from the meat. Though a little expensive (it cost me Php280 for half kilo), it’s sulit naman. I prefer kalamansi because the sour taste is more natural, and it helps in removing the ‘lansa’.
1/2 k Maya-Maya (belly part for me)
1/2 k kalamansi (that sour!)
2 bundles mustasa
1 bundle string beans
Lots of tomatoes
Lots of onions
Water (hugas bigas, 2nd)
1. Marinate fish with kalamansi.
2. In a pot, add water, tomatoes, onions, ginger, salt. Bring to a boil. About 2 minutes.
3. Add fish very slowly, para hindi madurog si fish.
4. Once the fish slightly changes its color, add kalamansi (juice na, ofcourse!).
5. Simmer for a minute.
6. Add the vegetables, simmer for another minute.
I do not cover my pot when cooking vegetables to avoid change in color. Para hindi naman magastos sa LPG, I make sure na consistent yung heat ng pot kasi sabi ng matatanda, kapag may veggies, cover mo, maluluto din yun sa init. I try not to follow them 🙂