A New Year’s resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year’s Day. Some examples include resolutions to donate to the poor more often, to become more assertive, or to become more environmentally responsible. (wikipedia)
I use to make a list of my New Year’s resolution when I was younger. As I grow older and more stubborn, I’ve noticed that I am no longer able to follow what I committed to do. So, I stopped.
I have not been listing resolutions for about 3 years now. I always believed that if I wanted change in my life, I need not list them. All I have to do is to act on what I think needs to be changed.
Now that I am already a mom and a wife, I feel that there are things that I have not to really change, but just modify. Little-by-little, improve some qualities that will be pleasurable to me, my husband, my daughter and the HUMANKIND 🙂
Here’s a simple list:
1. Eat right.
– Self explanatory, ain’t it? When I was on a complete bed rest, with no bathroom privilege last April to May, I gained 20lbs! I was weighing 175lbs when I gave birth to Enzo. That’s way too, too much for my height and built. After giving birth, I was able to shed a few pounds. My goal for next year is to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Wahahaha. Goodluck to me, and to my passion in cooking and eating! 🙂
2. Cut down on my vices
– basta cut down muna. Huwag masyadong demanding naman! Ahaha. If I was able to quit on that particular vice when I got pregnant, I am sure I can still do that next year.
3. Move more.
– I previously enrolled myself in one of those ‘high-end’ gym before. Maq and Ciara were my buddies. However, I realized that going to the gym really is not my stuff. Imagine me on a threadmill, running as if a dog is chasing me, while yawning! Super katamad. I finally decided to quit. I’d still prefer to go back into dancing, badminton, and running a little. Activities that helped me maintain my ideal weight in college.
4. Be more patient.
– I will be more patient in everything. I’ll lengthen my thread in dealing with life’s challenges. this is to also avoid unnecessary ‘tampuhans’ esp with my husband.
5. Earn more, save more.
– I admit life’s been very much easier when I transferred to Northrail,pero I still look forward to saving more for Enzo. Husband and I does not have a joint account (dahil wala lang, hehe). During payday, husband turns his pay over to me for budgeting (he do this wholeheartedly, no!), and I just give him a fixed amount for his savings account. We also have 4 piggy banks at home, and we ‘feed’ them with our loose coins – from 1, 5, 10, .25, .10 .5! 🙂
6. Earn additional MA / Educ Units.
– I was supposed to pursue this dream last September 2009 at UP Manila and PNU. However, God has a different plan for me.I got pregnant, and my first tri was really complicated (I’ll post another entry about that, soon), that’s why I decided to take everything easy. My supposedly Sat and Sun classes were temporarily delayed.
7. Enjoy my role as an ENTERPRE-MOM
– I promise to work harder for our little business ventures. Enzo’s Monster Coolers temporarily said goodbye last november, and we plan to open it again on February. While we are very positive on our 2nd business, I look forward to having more clients, concessionaires, buyers and dealers.
8. Blog more.
– I have more than 300+ blog entries on my multiply account. Pero parang nawalan ako ng gana nung nauso ang facebook. That’s why I blogged less. Come 2011, I promise to enhance my passion in writing more. Time, be nice to me, okay?
~ that’s all for now. ironic, kasi while i am writing this, andami-dami kong naiisip idagdag. one step at a time, ‘ika nga. so there.
may the year 2011 bring everyone of us prosperity, blessing, good health, lots of love, and peace of mind.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!